Special Rules For Crate Late Model Tires
For Bootheel 200 only the NEW tire rule for Crate Late Model are USA Crate 55, Crate 21,hooiser 55, And LM 40.
|TOP OF PAGE|
The Crate Late Models, Mini Stocks, E-Mods, and Pure Streets will be subjected to P & G testing.
POINT SYSTEM FOR TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS
Position and Points
Cars starting the A-Main feature will also receive Show up Points equal to the number of cars starting the feature up to a maximum of 15. (50 points is the maximum earnable in one feature race)
B-Main non transfers will receive 25 points for the night - 10 for racing the B-Main and up to 15 Show Up Points
(Must take at least one green flag lap under competition).
Ties will be broken by 1st place finishes then 2nd place finishes and so forth until tie is broken. Ties will be based on ALL finishes not just the best 15.
The Rules and/or Regulations set forth herein do not express or imply warranty of safety, from publication of, or, compliance with these Rules and/or Regulation. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the MALDEN SPEEDWAY, and are in no way a guarantee against injury to participants. These rules and/or Regulations will apply to all MALDEN SPEEDWAY events.
MALDEN SPEEDWAY Officials shall have full authority over said events, and, in the event of any dispute, the Head Official’s decision will be final. All cars are subject to be inspected by the MALDEN SPEEDWAY Technical Inspector at any time during the event.
The MALDEN SPEEDWAY reserves the right to alter or amend these Rules and/or Regulations in the interests of fair competition.
GENERAL TRACK RULES
1. Initial START will begin at the cone in Turn Four. You cannot pass until the green flag and green light are visible. If you pass before then, you will bring out a caution charge to you. 2nd. Caution you will have to leave the track.
2. Cars not taking green flag to start race will not be allowed on the track.
3. Any car leaving the race or stopping on the track will be put in the rear.
4. When caution occurs on track, all drivers will slow, remain in position. Race will revert back to the last completed lap.
5. Any car causing caution on any lap will go to the rear of the field.
6. All red flag lineups will go back to the last completed green flag lap.
7. NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON THE TRACK EXCEPT TRACK OFFICIALS. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! Anyone caught on the track could result in removal from the pit area. Any driver leaving their race car to argue with officials will be barred for two (2) weeks.
8. No working on cars on the track.
9. Lineup will be posted on the board at the tech Building. It is the drivers responsibility to be lined in his proper position prior to the finish of the proceeding race. Anyone not in proper position when the official sends the cars onto the track will start in the rear.
10. Any incident or occurrences not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the track officials.
11. Any disorderly conduct from driver or crew member toward any driver or track official will be disqualified for the remainder of the night. Second offense will be disqualified for the remainder of the year.
12. All cars must weigh after each heat race and the top 5 weigh after the feature race.
13. If you are protested and do not tear down, you will be disqualified and suspended for two (2) weeks plus any prize money and points won. If you are protested again and you do not tear down, you will have to move up to the next class.
14. Courtesy Rule: Any car from another track with minor rule differences may at Management’s discretion, race on that night but will be notified of any modifications and will have to be legal on the next visit to the track.
15. All points go to the driver (Not the car). Any driver changing cars must use a car in that class.
16. No two way radios will be allowed.
17. All cars should be numbered with large legible numbers on both doors and top. Also 6 inch numbers on front and back. Number on doors of car should be in contrasting color from body and be at least 3 inches thick and at least 16 inches high.
18. Anyone changing drivers or cars from Heat race to the Feature race must start at the rear of the field. If changing drivers or cars, you must notify Track Official or you will be disqualified. Any driver changing cars must use a car in that class.
19. Two (2) courtesy laps will be given for a flat during the Feature Race Only. It is the driver’s responsibility to notify Officials he/she needs courtesy laps. Courtesy laps will only be given until lineup is correct.
20. Once a race has completed one (1) full lap if a caution occurs, restart will be double file starting at the cone in turn four. No maneuvers such as “brake checking” that would impede a fair start shall be allowed. Drivers that engage in such conduct are subject to penalty and or disqualification.
21. No traction. Electronic or computer controlled devises or data acquisition systems allowed.
22. All decisions mad by the Flagman and/or Track Officials will be final.
23. The Management reserves the right to change the Race Program or Rules at any time to improve the racing program.
1. There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages or use of any controlled substances in the pit area before, during, or after the race program. Anyone deemed under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, or having either in their possession will be immediately suspended. In the event of a violation of a controlled substance, the proper authorities will be notified.
2. Drivers are responsible for their crew.
3. All drivers in all classes must wear a full fire suit, and approved helmet and an approved 3 inch restraint system. All cars must be equipped with approved fuel cells. A minimum size of 16 inch numbers must be on each side of car. No two-way radios allowed in pit area or in cars.
4. All cars must have a window net or use of arm restraints and at lease three (3) bars in front of the driver.
5. Cars may be inspected at any time by Track Officials.
6. Speed limit anywhere in the pits is idle speed for everyone!
7. No one is allowed to argue or discuss any item with Track Officials while a race is in progress. Abusive or improper language by anyone will not be tolerated at Malden Court House Speedway. Any type of physical assault towards anyone may result in arrest by County Deputy.
8. All weight must be painted white, have car number on them, and bolted. No rear view mirrors will be allowed.
9. All cars must have a front and rear bumper at a reasonable height for pushing and must have a chain or steel loop device attached to the center of the chassis on the front and rear to provide wrecker hook-up.
IMPORTANT NOTE 1. Fighting will not be tolerated!! No driver shall be under the influence of DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. Any violations of either rule will be PUNISHED by being BANNED from events. REMEMBER THIS IS FAMILY ORIENTATED AND FOR FUN!!! 2. Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age. Drivers under the age of 16 must complete a driving test before they are allowed to compete. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a release form and birth certificate on file before allowed to compete. 3. Safety and Tech persons reserve the option to view your vehicle at any time.
1. Green flag and light means racing.
2. Yellow flag means caution, slow down immediately and maintain position.
3. Red flag means all cars MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY. All cars go to the top of the Track and STOP. Anyone going to the pits during red flag will lose their position in that race.
4. Black flag means unsafe conditions (flats, excessive smoking, loose car parts, etc.). Cars will be warned with a black flag in case of minor incidents. Rough driving will result in immediate removal from the track for the remainder of that race. Anyone refusing to leave the track when black flagged will result in suspension of two (2) race nights.
5. White flag means there is one (1) lap remaining in the race. No yellow or red flag will be thrown at this point unless a hazardous condition exists.
6. Blue/yellow flag means that you must move to the outside allowing faster cars to pass. Anyone not abiding by this flag will be subject to the black flag.
7. Half-way point of the race Flagman will show crossed green and white flag. With tow (2) laps remaining Flagman will wave green flag. One (1) lap remaining Flagman will wave white flag.
8. Checkered flag means end of race.
1. Cars may be inspected at any time by Track Official.
2. Visual protest must be made at least five (5) minutes before the feature race.
3. All protests must be made within five (5) minutes after the feature race is completed. The driver or owner must have the correct amount of CASH in his possession.
4. Protest: Top half of motor, (intake, one cylinder head, bore, and stroke) $250.00; Complete motor, (top half plus removal of rod and piston, check crankshaft) $500.00; Transmission (includes clutch, flywheel) $40.00 STREET STOCK ONLY
5. Cubic Inch Tester $75.00.
6. Only cars which finish in the same lap and in the top ten positions of the Feature Race will be allowed to protest. A fully enclosed building will be used for the tear down. The race team protesting will be allowed the driver and one (1) member of his crew. The race team that is being protested will be allowed the driver, the owner and up to two (2) crew members. Only those people and track officials will be allowed in building. All final results of protest will be announced that night and the next night of racing.
|TOP OF PAGE|
Street Stock Rules
NO MOTOR CLAIM SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
After 4 feature wins motor will be torn down by track. If legal will be given $50.00 for gaskets. If not legal driver will lose all points for the season and money that night.
1. Any American coupe, sedan or full size Pickup, stock production frame minimum 101” wheelbase.
2. All bodies must be stock appearing, no wedge bodies.
3. Stock fire wall or same thickness, stock floor pan or same thickness must extend past the driver’s seat.
4. Frame must remain Stock.
5. Fenders may be trimmed to allow tire clearance.
6. Sub-frame cars may be tied together under car.
7. Front and rear bumpers in Stock position required and must be rounded off.
8. Nose and grill may be replaced with plastic.
9. Nerf bars not to exceed 1 inch from body and maximum 1 ½ diameter.
10. FUEL CELL IS MANDATORY. No boat tanks or homemade gas containers allowed. Trunk flooring may be removed to mount cell. Fuel cells MUST be contained in reinforced steel container and securely mounted.
11. Battery may be relocated but not in driver’s compartment and must be securely mounted.
12. Doors MUST be welded shut.
13. All glass and flammable material must be removed.
14. Cars must have a MINIMUM 6 point roll cage, 1 ½ inch minimum diameter pipe, securely welded to frame. Three (3) driver’s side door bars required. NO BLACK or galvanized pipe allowed.
15. After market pedals will be allowed as long as brakes are no adjustable.
1. Stock type suspension in stock location.
2. No weight jacks, wedge block or adjustable spring buckets allowed.
3. Front shocks must be in stock location. Rear shocks may be relocated if needed and only one shock per wheel.
4. Lowering will be allowed.
5. Right front safety hub is optional.
6. No sliders. Adjustable shackles are allowed.
7. Quick steer allowed.
8. No Chrysler springs allowed except on Chrysler cars.
9. Engine set back-front spark plug hole can be no farther back that center of upper ball joint.
1. Rear end must be locked or posi-trac.
2. 9 inch Ford rear end and floaters permitted.
3. Rear disc brakes permitted.
4. No ¾ ton truck rear ends.
1. Stock manual or stock automatic transmission with stock torque converter.
2. Stock flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.
3. No aluminum flywheels.
4. No aluminum drive shafts.
5. Drive shaft loop REQUIRED.
6. Drive shaft must be painted WHITE.
1. Car must weigh 3200 lbs. with driver after race.
2. All cars must weigh after each heat race and top 5 after feature race.
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. Track tires-asphalt scuffed takeoffs. (No New Tires) 50 or harder compound. Cross grooving allowed.
2. 8 or 10 inch steel wheels.
3. 8 or 10 inch bead lock allowed on right front and right rear only.
4. 1 inch lug nuts MANDATORY.
1. Racing gas permitted.
2. No nitrous oxide or alcohol.
1. 362 cubic inch MAXIMUM.
2. Stock production case iron heads only. No porting or polishing.
3. Stock rocker arms only. No roller tip or roller rocker arms.
4. Screw-in studs and guide plates allowed.
5. After market camshafts are allowed. No rollers.
6. Must pull 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 RPM’s. Vacuum to be pulled from base of carburetor or intake. Top three (3) cars will be checked after Feature Race. 12 Volt hookup for track tack required. Al engines must be turned off after vacuum test.
7. Flat top or dished pistons only. Two valve relief piston allowed.
8. Stock rods. (Example: Chevy 350 5.7 only. After market rod bolts okay).
9. Stock aftermarket crank OK (No cutting).
10. Stock HEI or point distributor. No supercoils or magnetos or MSD.
11. Cast iron intake only. 2 or 4 barrel okay. No polishing!
12. Carburetor’s spacer NOT EXCEDDING 2 inch IN HEIGHT.
13. Mechanical fuel pump in stock location. Stock manual fuel pump. No electric or belt driven pumps.
14. Headers or exhaust manifolds allowed. No 180 degree headers.
15. Carburetor can be NO larger than Holley 500 CFM 2 barrel and must pass inspection from top side with gauge. (Must be stock venture 1 3/8 inch). Choke horn may be removed.
|TOP OF PAGE|
NO MOTOR CLAIM
1. Any American coupe, sedan or full size or full size Pickup, stock production frame minimum 101” wheelbase.
2. All bodies must be stock appearing, no wedge bodies.
3. Stock fire wall or same thickness, stock floor pan or same thickness must extend past the driver’s seat.
4. Front and rear bumpers in stock position required.
5. Care must have a MINIMUM 6 point roll cage. 1 ½ inch minimum diameter pipe, securely welded to frame. Three driver’s side door bars REQUIRED. No black or galvanized pipe allowed.
6. FUEL CELL IS MANDATORY. No boat tanks or homemade gas containers allowed. Fuel cell must be contained in reinforced steel container and must be securely mounted.
7. Battery may be relocated but not in driver’s compartment and must be securely mounted.
8. After market pedals will be allowed.
9. Rubber or plastic nose allowed.
10. Nerf bars not to exceed 1 inch from body with maximum 1 ½ diameter.
11. Front and rear end enclosed except where light go.
12. All cars must weigh in after each heat race and top 5 after feature race.
1. Sliders optional.
2. Racing springs optional. Adjustable spring buckets allowed.
3. One shock per wheel. Racing shocks or aluminum shocks optimal.
4. Right front safety hub is optional.
5. Lowering will be allowed.
6. A-frame must be stock type.
7. Front shock must be in stock location and rear chocks may be relocated.
1. Rear end may be lock or posi-trac.
2. 9 inch Ford rear end permitted.
3. Floaters re permitted.
4. No ¾ ton truck or quick change.
1. Manual or automatic transmission. No after market transmissions.
2. Triple disc or fluid lock okay.
3. No quick change transmissions.
4. No aluminum flywheels.
5. No aluminum drive shafts.
6. Drive shaft loop required.
7. Drive shaft must be painted WHITE.
8. Safety bell housing or blanket recommended.
1. Car must weigh 3,000 lbs. with driver after race.
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. Track Tires-Asphalt scuffed takeoffs. 50 or harder compound. May be cross-grooved. (no new tires)
2. 10 inch steel wheels.
3. Grooving and regrooving allowed.
4. Bead locks allowed. 5. 1 inch lug nuts MANDATORY.
1. Racing gas permitted.
2. No nitrous oxide or alcohol.
1. All cars must use 2 barrel stock carburetors no more than 500 CFM max 1 11/16 throttle bore maximum. Holly OK.
2. No aluminum.`
3. Any intake.
4. Engine set back. Front spark plug hole can be no farther back than center of upper ball joint.
|TOP OF PAGE|
Malden Speedway 2012 Economy Modified and Open Wheel Modified Rules
Special Rules for each class attached below!
FRAME: 1964 or newer OEM perimeter American rear-wheel drive passenger car frame only. No sports car frames. Frame must be full and complete, cannot be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support roll cage on both sides, exceptions are: weight jack in original center line of spring tower allowed; frame may be cut a maximum 36 inches forward from center of rear end housing; horns may be removed in front of steering box and notched maximum one inch at bottom for tie rod clearance; front crossmember may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance; maximum seven inch wide opening in side of spring tower for spring removal. Maximum two inch wide by four inch tall frame stiffener may be welded directly to outside of left side frame rail. See www.imca.com for OEM frame dimensions. Minimum wheelbase 108 inches, maximum 112 inches, both sides. Maximum overall width shall not exceed 78 inches from outside of tire to outside of tire. No part of frame can be lower than four inches from ground except front crossmember. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with minimum wall thickness of 0.095 inch for main cage, frame-mounted in at least six places, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Must consist of a configuration of front, rear and top hoops connected by tubing on sides or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum one cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of cage must be lower than hood. DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Minimum three driver side door bars, parallel to ground and perpendicular to driver, and welded to front and rear of roll cage. Passenger side must have at least one cross door bar, horizontal or angled, minimum 1.25 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness, and one top door bar, minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Steel door plate, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection. BODY: No composite body panels allowed except roof rock guard and hood scoop. Body must be same width, front to rear, and parallel to OEM frame. Nose panel must be flat with no fins or scoops allowed. Cooling holes allowed. Nose panel may be no wider, or lower than two inches outside of front frame horns. Nose panel must remain within confines of front bumper. Engine compartment must remain open (no side panels). Hood must be enclosed at rear. No panel in front of right door to engine compartment. No inner panels. No car covers. Must have front windshield and rear window support posts. Driver and passenger side windows must have at least 12 inch opening (height and width), measured at center of window, between lowest point at top of window, whether roof or roll cage, and highest point at bottom of window, whether interior or body. May use Lexan in sail panels. May use full windshield. Roof must be fiberglass or aluminum, full size and rounded down in all directions (see diagram). No dished roofs allowed. Driver roof hatch allowed. Maximum 1.5 inch rolled down rock guard allowed on roof front. No fins, lips, wings or spoilers. Maximum four inch plastic skirting allowed on bottom of doors and quarters. No reflective doors or quarter panels. On right side, outside of tires must be widest part of car. On left side, body may be maximum one inch outside of rear tire for clearance. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Must have minimum three windshield bars in front of driver. Lexan or aluminum cowl panel in front of driver can be no wider than cockpit and no farther back than steering wheel. Minimum 0.125 inch aluminum, or 0.060 inch steel, complete floor pan required. Aluminum high-back seat only and must be bolted in, using minimum 0.375-inch bolts, next to left side frame rail and ahead of rear tires. Bottom of seat can be no lower than bottom of frame rail. Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine, fuel cell, cannisters and pumps. Oil coolers must not protrude above interior. Accumulators cannot be mounted between driver and left-side door bars. No driver-adjustable devices allowed while car is in competition except brake adjuster. No mirrors of any kind. FRONT SUSPENSION: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and replaceable by OEM parts, exceptions are: tube-type upper A-frames with or without aluminum or steel cross shaft, and mounts can be moved; stamped steel OEM replacement lower A-frames; rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings, no offset or bearing type; welded or bolted shock mount on lower A-frame; OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed. Lower A-frames must be right and left, and of same design. Lower A-frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be within OEM specifications. Sway bar must be unaltered OEM. No bump stops. STEERING: No rack and pinion. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, exceptions are: outer tie rod end and adjustment sleeve may be replaced by a minimum 0.625 inch steel rod end and steel tube; spindles can be ground for brake caliper clearance only; unaltered, OEM replacement Pinto spindles; bolt on spindle savers allowed; steel steering shafts and knuckles only; driver compartment steering may be modified, must be kept on left side. Spindles must be right and left, and of same design. Quick release required - steering quickener and steering wheel may be aluminum. Idler arm, pitman arm, and center link must match frame. SHOCKS: One steel, nonadjustable, unaltered shock per wheel. One additional shock allowed in lift- or pull-bar area. No external or internal bumpers or stops. No threaded body, front coil-over, air, or remote reservoir shocks. No Schrader or bladder type valve allowed. Front half may be shielded. One or all shocks may be claimed per event for $50 each, counting as one claim on card, following shock claim procedures. SPRINGS: One steel, non-progressive coil spring per wheel only. Steel or composite leaf spring allowed. One additional spring allowed on pull bar or lift bar, may be progressive. Any coil spring must be at least 4.5 inches O.D. No torsion bars, air bags, inner liners or spring rubbers allowed. REAR SUSPENSION: No independent rear suspension. All components must be steel. No covers allowed. All trailing arms/link bars must be solid tubing. Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Steel coil-over eliminators, or steel or aluminum coil-over kits allowed - must conform to shock and spring rules. One mechanical traction bar (pull or lift, not both). No brake bars. Rubber bumpers allowed only on panhard bar and mechanical traction bar. No sway bar. Solid safety chains, cables or tethers permitted frame to axle housing only (cannot be mounted to any floating device), no springs or rubbers allowed. Minimum 19 inch long panhard bar allowed on Emod and shortbar allowed on Open Wheel Modified, measured straight line, center to center. REAR END: Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck rear end (housing and carrier) allowed. Safety hubs (floater) allowed. All components must be steel, except lowering blocks, axle cap, drive flange. Inspection hole required in housing. Full steel spool, steel mini spool or welded rear ends only. Steel axles only. No quick change devices, or cambered rear ends. Quick change allowed on Open Wheel Modifieds ONLY! One piece drive flange only. No torque dividing differentials. No scalloped ring gears. BUMPERS: Steel bumpers must be on front and rear at all times and welded, or mounted with minimum .375 inch bolts. Rear bumper must be constructed of solid square, or minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing with 0.095 wall thickness, and no wider than five inches outside of rear frame rails. If wider than five inches outside rear frame rails, must be capped and bent forward 90 degrees, or constructed in a loop design. Must have at least one upright, minimum 1.25 inch with 0.065 wall thickness, from bumper to fuel cell guard. Two-bar front bumper must be minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing with minimum 0.065 wall thickness (maximum 0.095 inch) mounted frame-end to frame-end, no wider than width of material outside frame horns and with bottom loop parallel to ground. Top bar must be directly above bottom bar, minimum 6.5 inches apart, measured center to center. BRAKES: Must be steel approved OEM, operative four wheel, drum or disc. Must maintain minimum OEM dimensions for hubs/rotors and calipers, cannot be lightened. Bolt pattern may be changed. Larger studs allowed. Rear rotors may be aftermarket 0.81 inch thickness (new). Vented rotors only, no scalloped or ceramic coated rotors. No brake shut-off or pressure sensitive devices. One front to rear proportioning device allowed. Brake lines must be visible. EXHAUST: Round tube headers only. All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector at same point at end of header. No merge collectors. No exhaust sensors. FUEL SYSTEM: Mechanical or belt driven fuel pump only and must be mounted at front of engine. Racing fuel cell required, maximum 32 gallon capacity, must be in minimum 20 gauge steel container. Cell must be securely mounted behind rear axle, between rear tires, minimum of four inches ahead of bumper, minimum of ten inches above ground. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick. All cell mounts must be steel, securely welded to frame/cage. Protective tubing must cover rear and extend past both sides of cell. No part of cell shall be lower than protective tubing. Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system - a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. Pick-up must be on top or right side of cell. Limit of one fuel filter. No cool cans. Air cleaner top/stud cannot direct air into carburetor. No top flow air cleaner housings or cold air boxes. One naturally aspirated two- or four-barrel carburetor only. One carburetor adapter/spacer allowed, maximum 2.20 inches thick, including gaskets. No adjustable throttle bore carburetor spacers. FUEL: Gasoline or alcohol. Racing fuel allowed. NO performance-enhancing additives. Upper cylinder lube allowed with alcohol only. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2,450 pounds, no tolerance, after race with driver in car. No weights and/or loose objects in driver compartment, above interior deck or outside body. Weights must be securely mounted to frame or roll cage and painted white with car number on it. Must be attached with at least two 0.5 inch bolts. No titanium, magnesium or carbon fiber products. Only carbon fiber components allowed are rock guard and hood scoop. No gun-drilled, tubular, hollow bolts or studs. Steel fasteners only. BATTERY/STARTER: One 12 volt battery only, must be securely mounted between frame rails, and positive terminal must be covered. Car must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race. Reverse-mount starters with OEM case transmissions only, see transmission rules for specifics. GAUGES/ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices, timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except analog tach. No adjustable ignition control boxes. One 12 volt ignition box allowed, must be out of driver’s reach. No additional ignition accessories allowed. Only change allowed to ignition box is one high-end rev-limiter setting. This setting can be changed through one chip only, or an internal setting inside box. No magnetos. No electronic traction control devices (Refer to IMCA Operations and Inspection Manual or General Rules for automatic penalties).
TRANSMISSION/DRIVESHAFT: Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus a neutral position. With engine running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. OEM production type or IMCA approved aftermarket transmissions allowed - two-speed, three-speed, four-speed and automatic. No five speed (or more) transmissions, ‘in and out’ boxes, or quick change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location on all OEM production type transmissions. All belt drive pumps must be mounted on front of engine. Flexplates must be full, steel, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement. Flywheel/flexplate must bolt to engine between clutch assembly and crankshaft and all driveline components within bellhousing must rotate while car is in any gear. Bert and Brin Transmissions are allowed on Open Wheel Modified. Transmission must be one of the following designs: OEM Manual: Must have a standard OEM case and working disc-type clutch or approved cone or disc-type coupler inside an explosion-proof steel bellhousing. One flywheel only, minimum 8.5 inch diameter. Diameter of clutch disc must be a minimum of 5.5 inches. Clutch assembly must be steel, except housing, which must be steel and/or aluminum. Bellhousing can have only a hole for throwout bearing lever or hose, must be 270 degrees around top of clutch and flywheel area. Standard or reverse mount starter allowed, must directly engage flywheel. Automatic: Must remain in OEM or OEM replacement case, with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Aluminum OEM bellhousing may be replaced with aftermarket explosion-proof aluminum bellhousing. Original OEM bellhousing must have approved scattershield constructed of minimum 0.125-inch by three-inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. Aftermarket Manual: Must be IMCA approved, aluminum case, with internal clutch. Must bolt to explosion-proof steel bellhousing, and use full, steel, unaltered OEM or OEM replacement flexplate with starter mounted in OEM location. No coatings or paint allowed on transmission case. Drive Shaft: Minimum two inch diameter steel drive shaft and must be painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least 0.25 inch by two inch steel, or one inch tubing, mounted six inches back from front U-joint. . ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Rear of engine (bellhousing flange) must be mounted at least 72 inches forward from centerline of rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within two inches of centerline of front crossmember with engine level. Minimum 11 inch engine height from ground to center of crankshaft. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine. Cooling system may be modified. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground between frame rails.
Open Wheel Modified Special Rules
1. NO MOTOR CLAIM!
2.Bert of Brinn Transmissions allowed
3. Rollers Allowed
4. American Racer KK704 or Hoosier G60 Tires. Compound must be 50 or harder. Siping ALLOWED!
5. Shortbar will be allowed
6. Window net or arm restraints required.
7. Y-Type safety harness not allowed.
8. Aluminum Heads Allowed with 25 pounds of weight added on each side of the motor plate.
9. Quick change rearends are allowed
|TOP OF PAGE|
Late Model Rules
Crate Late Models
Sanctioned by NeSmith Chevrolet
Weekly Racing Series
|TOP OF PAGE|
Mini Stock Rules
Malden Speedway Mini Stock Rules for 2012
1. Any inline four cylinder, two or four door compact sedan. Any inline four cylinder compact pickup, foreign or domestic. Rear wheel drive cars or trucks and front wheel drive vehicles allowed. No four wheel drive vehicles allowed. No two seat compact cars allowed. No Volkswagens, no convertibles or high performance cars allowed. No turbo charged or rotary powered cars or trucks allowed. No mid or rear engine vehicles. Extended cabs and wagons are acceptable as long as they have a 94 to 112 wheelbase.
2. All cars and trucks shall weigh a minimum of 2250 pounds with driver.
1. Body must remain basically stock. May cut drivers door for ease of entering vehicles. Dash must be removed, can replace with a fabricated dash. Front firewall must be stock. All holes in front firewall must be sealed. Rear firewall may be fabricated. Hatchback cars MUST fabricate a rear firewall to protect the driver from the fuel cell. Door panels may be replaced with .040 steel provided that it follows the same contour as the original body panel (must be stock appearing).
ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. Engine must be in stock position. No offset or lowering allowed.
14. May use aftermarket ignition/distributor. No MSD box type ignition allowed.
15. Air cleaners may exit hood but not to obstruct driver’s vision. Top and bottom of air cleaner housing must be metal. No extreme air cleaners.
16. Radiator may be relocated from original position. If moved it must be shielded from driver.
17. All vehicles must have a working starter.
20. All vehicles must have a minimum of 8 inch wide tire. Racing rubber only. Grooving of tire is allowed.
22. Must have brakes on at least three wheels and be functional at all times.
23. Pump gas or race fuel ONLY. No alcohol or additives allowed.
MINI STOCK SAFETY RULES
2. Two bars minimum to rear of car or truck, must attach to frame.
3. Three bars on left door are mandatory. Two horizontal bars or an X in the right side.
A. Visual protest, performed by tech inspector with nothing being removed besides the hood is FREE
B. Head, or clutch is 100 dollars cash.
C. Complete teardown is 250 dollars cash.
|TOP OF PAGE|
EMOD Special Rules
1. Engine 360 max cubic inch with GM 350 block & stock 3.48 crank. Flat top pistons. Ford 361 (351 stock block & stroke) Mopar 370 (360 stoke block & stroke). No 400 blocks.
2. Lift rule: 480” @ value with .303” lash. Roller rockers allowed. Must pull 16# minimum of vacuum at 1200 RPM. 3. No roller cam shafts or lifters. No bleeddown lifters.
4. Carburetor can be no longer than Holley #4412 500 CFM 2 barrel and must pass inspection from top side with gauge. Bottom of carb can be no larger than 1-11/16” in diameter. (Must be stock ventura 1-3/8”) may run stock rochester 2 barrel (subject to be pulled off and checked)
5. Alcohol or racing fuel OK. No additives.
6. OEM cast iron heads: SR & Vortec heads OK. 2.02” intake & 1.60 exhaust valves max.
7. 23 DEG heads only, no angle plugs allowed. No porting or polishing of heads & intake. No match porting of intake to heads. No angle milling. No aluminum heads.
8. No mismatching of engine parts GM to GM, Ford to Ford.
9. No aluminum parts except for intake manifold, pulleys, valve covers, radiators, & water pumps.
10. No belt drive fuel pumps.
11. Rear fuel cell panel optional.
12. 8” mad. Rear spoiler mandatory. To be measured from deck to full length of spoiler including wicker bill & angles.
13. Weight with driver after race 2450 lbs. Minimum.
14. Tires: Hoosier asphalt take-offs, no recaps, Hoosier G60's American Racer KK704 Compound must check 50 or harder. Grooving and siping allowed.
15. Steel wheel only 10” max. Beadlock on right rear only.
16. Trans: OEM 3 or 4 speed only. Clutch, flywheel & pressure plate-10” minimum. Automatic must have working 10” torque converter minimum. No direct drive or mini clutches, no bert or brinn transmissions.
17. Aluminum flywheel OK.
18. MSD ignition 6AL allowed with $500 claim on complete system.
19. No mag type distributors.
20. No quick change rearend
21. Recommended: if a new car is being built or the fuel cell is being replaced, replace with 22 gal. Max cap.
22. There is a $100 car protest fee. If you win the protest, you will get your $100 back and if you lose, the $100 will got to the driver protested. If the car is found to be illegal the driver will lose points and money for that night.
23. There is a $750 motor exchange claim. Any driver on lead lap may claim winning motor. Lowest place car has the first option within 10 minutes of checkered flag. If the claimer does not have equipment to pull motor, he must pay $50 to have a wrecker pull the motor. (A) If winner elects not to swap, he will forfeit winnings and points for that night. (1) Second refusal of claim results in $100 track fine. (2) Third refusal result in $400 track fine and suspension until fine is paid. (B) Only 1 claim per year for each driver. If the driver getting claimed refuses, the driver claiming will not lose claiming option for that year. (D) Any driver may only be claimed three times total in a season. (E) Claim does not include: flywheel, pressure plate, headers, starter, sending units for oil pressure and water temperature, throwout bearing, water pump, fuel pump, distributor, clutch, clutchball, clutch arm, bell housing carburetor, motor mounts, carburetor adaptor, fan and pulleys, dip stick and plug wires.
|TOP OF PAGE|